Update from CUMC Health & Welfare Team
CUMC Family and Friends,
The CUMC Health and Welfare Team (HWT) has been carefully and prayerfully discerning and developing a plan for reopening the campus for in-person worship and ministries. We do not yet have a projected date to begin worship or ministry gatherings on campus, but we have developed the protocol for Phase I and some aspects of Phase II. We anticipate possibly three or four phases, each with specific protocols.
Effective immediately, and in compliance with recommended CDC and DHEC guidelines, the following are our developed protocols moving forward:
- Online worship will continue until the HWT determines it is safe for us to reopen worship spaces for occupancy with a well-planned protocol in place.
- Church office will remain closed to persons other than staff.
- Minimum of 6 feet social distancing is to be observed inside buildings and outside on the campus.
- Masks are required to be worn while inside all campus buildings.
- Hand sanitizer will be used while inside all campus buildings.
- Frequent handwashing is encouraged.
- Enhanced cleaning of the facilities will be performed before returning for gatherings.
- Spaces used by any person(s) must be sanitized immediately after use.
- In-person worship and/or small groups will be phased in with a to-be-determined protocol.
- Minimum of 6 feet social distancing will be observed inside buildings and outside on the campus.
- Masks will be required to be worn while inside all campus buildings.
- Hand sanitizer use will be required before entering any building on the campus.
- Frequent handwashing will be encouraged.
- Spaces used by any person(s) will require sanitizing immediately after use.
Other specific guidelines will be communicated about Phase II before we reopen for worship.
The following are other important factors you should know as we move forward:
MASKS: Until further notice, everyone will be required to wear a mask while inside any building on the campus. You are welcome to bring your own mask, or masks will be available to you when we return.
TOUCHLESS HAND SANITIZING STATIONS will be installed on the campus as soon as the supply is received.
KEYS: If you possess a key to any building on the Clemson UMC campus, we respectfully request that you do not enter any building during this time of protocol development. If you need access to an area of the church campus, please contact the church office, 864-654-5547, and leave a message for Anne Eldridge to discuss your need.
CONGREGATIONAL SURVEY: A survey for CUMC family and friends has been created so that we can hear from as many of you as possible about your considerations as we move toward reopening. We ask that you take a few moments and complete a survey for each person in your family. The survey is available here, and will be available on CUMC and the Vine Facebook pages. We understand if you do not use social media or have access to our website, but we still want to hear from you! If you would like to submit your responses verbally, please contact Pastor Pat Kelley at 864-508-6337, and he will guide you through the survey. Please submit your completed survey by Friday, May 29. Your responses will help the HWT and staff prepare for our return.
Please know that every effort is being made for us to come back together as soon as possible, and as safely as possible. If you have questions for the staff or Health and Welfare Team, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message for us at 864-654-5547.
Blessings for the journey,
Clemson United Methodist Church Health and Welfare Team
Updated May 22, 2020 9:15AM